How to let go of the Past
By: emancipation of freah
When an important person hurts us, or we have a negative experience from the past. Rather than brush a way the pain, a lot of us are stuck emotionally, lick our gash, and tolerate ourselves to be afraid. Time passes and it becomes harder to move forward. Before we know it, years have gone by. To become fulfilled in the present and more excited about the future, many of us need to learn to let go of the past.
- Write down your thoughts and feelings about how badly you are treated or what events in your relationship you felt he is unfair.
- Reflect daily, as much as possible clear your mind from negative chatter and concentrate on how you can move from the pain in order to survive.
- Think of the positive aspects on moving on, such as forgetting of the past, and open up room for better things that will come to your life.
- Choose an empty object, like an empty container, or anything you do not mind of losing. Write all the sentiments on a piece of paper like people, places, belongings, emotions, and stupid habits, anything you want to forget. Then, get the empty container out of the yard and lay it to rest six feet below the ground. From then on, whatever you write on that paper will no longer exists for you cannot hold to what doesn’t exit.
- Fore armed yourself with newfound knowledge, think positively, change your outlooks in life, and start looking forward to moving away from the past for better.